Kenyan man accused of killing woman in Windhoek
A man (40) has appeared in court in connection with the death of a woman whose body was found in her home in Windhoek on Monday. Geoffrey Kasume appeared before magistrate Olivia van der Byl in the Windhoek Magistrate’s Court in Katutura on a charge of murder, read with the provisions of the Combating of […] The post Kenyan man accused of killing woman in Windhoek appeared first on The Namibian.
A man (40) has appeared in court in connection with the death of a woman whose body was found in her home in Windhoek on Monday.
Geoffrey Kasume appeared before magistrate Olivia van der Byl in the Windhoek Magistrate’s Court in Katutura on a charge of murder, read with the provisions of the Combating of Domestic Violence Act, on Friday.
The state is alleging that Kasume murdered Regina ‘Nambashu’ Kondombolo (33) in Windhoek on Saturday (7 February).
Kondombolo’s body was found in her home in the Otjomuise Extension 2 area of Windhoek on Monday evening.
A police spokesperson told The Namibian on Thursday that Kondombolo had been assaulted and strangled.
During Kasume’s court appearance, public prosecutor Tatelo Lusepani told the magistrate the state is opposed to the granting of bail to Kasume, with one of the reasons being that he is a Kenyan citizen and potential flight risk.
Kasume’s case was postponed to 24 April for further investigations to be carried out.
Kasume, who was represented by defence lawyer Milton Engelbrecht during his court appearance, remains in custody in the meantime.
The post Kenyan man accused of killing woman in Windhoek appeared first on The Namibian.