St Jude’s Hospital transition continues

Health Minister Moses Jn Baptiste told reporters on Monday that this week marks an important step in moving to the new St Jude’s Hospital. “That is a time when the transitioning team would be preparing for the movement of other departments and I await at the end of this week, which of the departments is […] The article St Jude’s Hospital transition continues is from St. Lucia Times.

St Jude’s Hospital transition continues

Health Minister Moses Jn Baptiste told reporters on Monday that this week marks an important step in moving to the new St Jude’s Hospital.

“That is a time when the transitioning team would be preparing for the movement of other departments and I await at the end of this week, which of the departments is going to move,” Jn Baptiste said.

He noted that while the target remains the end of June, the ministry anticipates that all departments will be relocated by the end of July.

The minister repeated that his ministry and the hospital’s transition team are working to finish the move on time. He could not give a completion percentage but promised more updates soon.

St Jude’s Hospital was destroyed by fire in 2009. A new building was finished and handed over by contractors in November 2025. Since then, health officials have promised a smooth move from the George Odlum Stadium, where services have been provided since the fire.

The article St Jude’s Hospital transition continues is from St. Lucia Times.