Trump’s National Counterterrorism Center Director Resigns Citing Israeli “Misinformation Campaign”
Photos: Wikimedia Commons The Director of the National Counterterrorism Center, Joe Kent, Tuesday announced his resignation from the Trump Administration—because of the Iran War. In his resignation letter, Kent stated that: “After much reflection, I have decided to resign from my position as Director of the National Counterterrorism Center, effective today. I cannot in good conscience support the ongoing war in Iran. Iran posed no imminent threat to our nation, and it is clear that we started this war due to pressure from Israel and its powerful American lobby.” Kent also said this: “Early on in this administration, high ranking Israeli officials and influential members of the American media deployed a misinformation campaign that wholly undermined your America First platform and sowed pro-war sentiments to encourage a war in Iran. This echo chamber was used to deceive you into believing that Iran posed an imminent threat to the United States…This was a lie.” Trump responded to Kent’s resingation letter claiming that “I always thought he was a nice guy. But I always thought he was weak on security, very weak on security. I didn’t know him well, but he seemed like a pretty nice guy.” But Trump’s statement here is undermined by what Trump said of Kent, just last year, when he spoke of Kent in the following glowing terms: “As a Soldier, Green Beret, and CIA Officer, Joe has hunted down terrorists and criminals his entire adult life,” Trump also, then talked about Kent’s wife, Shannon, (shown below) who was killed while serving in the U.S. Navy in Syria in 2019. “Joe continues to honor her legacy by staying in the fight.” Kent is now being criticized by Trump apologists, for his reported connections to the Proud Boys—and is being called anti-Semitic.
Photos: Wikimedia Commons
The Director of the National Counterterrorism Center, Joe Kent, Tuesday announced his resignation from the Trump Administration—because of the Iran War.

In his resignation letter, Kent stated that: “After much reflection, I have decided to resign from my position as Director of the National Counterterrorism Center, effective today. I cannot in good conscience support the ongoing war in Iran. Iran posed no imminent threat to our nation, and it is clear that we started this war due to pressure from Israel and its powerful American lobby.”
Kent also said this: “Early on in this administration, high ranking Israeli officials and influential members of the American media deployed a misinformation campaign that wholly undermined your America First platform and sowed pro-war sentiments to encourage a war in Iran. This echo chamber was used to deceive you into believing that Iran posed an imminent threat to the United States…This was a lie.”
Trump responded to Kent’s resingation letter claiming that “I always thought he was a nice guy. But I always thought he was weak on security, very weak on security. I didn’t know him well, but he seemed like a pretty nice guy.”
But Trump’s statement here is undermined by what Trump said of Kent, just last year, when he spoke of Kent in the following glowing terms: “As a Soldier, Green Beret, and CIA Officer, Joe has hunted down terrorists and criminals his entire adult life,” Trump also, then talked about Kent’s wife, Shannon, (shown below) who was killed while serving in the U.S. Navy in Syria in 2019. “Joe continues to honor her legacy by staying in the fight.”
Kent is now being criticized by Trump apologists, for his reported connections to the Proud Boys—and is being called anti-Semitic.
