Suspect surrenders to police following killing of Joy St Omer
A male suspect, identified by law enforcement officials as the estranged husband of 24-year-old Joy St Omer, has surrendered to police following her fatal shooting on Wednesday night. And authorities confirmed that an active protection order had been in place against him at the time of the killing. The Royal Saint Lucia Police Force (RSLPF) […] The article Suspect surrenders to police following killing of Joy St Omer is from St. Lucia Times.

A male suspect, identified by law enforcement officials as the estranged husband of 24-year-old Joy St Omer, has surrendered to police following her fatal shooting on Wednesday night. And authorities confirmed that an active protection order had been in place against him at the time of the killing.
The Royal Saint Lucia Police Force (RSLPF) said the man turned himself in to the Criminal Investigations Department and is now in custody.
Police said officers attached to the Marigot Police Station responded to a report of a homicide in Marigot at about 6:39 p.m. on Wednesday. When they arrived at the scene, St Omer was found motionless in the driver’s seat of a vehicle.
The killing of St Omer, a mother of one from Anse La Raye, has sparked widespread public concern and renewed discussion about violence against women and the handling of domestic abuse complaints.
In its statement, the RSLPF confirmed: “There was an existing protection order in favour of the victim against the suspect at the time of the incident. Additionally, there was an active matter before the court concerning alleged breaches of that protection order.”
“On Sunday, March 8, 2026, a report of assault involving the suspect was made to the Anse La Raye Police Station. Following investigations, the suspect was arrested and subsequently charged on March 13, 2026, for the offences of harm, threatening words, and violation of a protection order. He was brought before the First District Court, where bail was denied. The suspect later applied for bail at the High Court and was granted bail.”
Police also confirmed that the last report made by the victim was lodged at the Anse La Raye Police Station around 8:30 a.m. on the day of her killing. Following that report, searches were conducted to find the suspect but the RSPL said he was not found at the time.
The fatal shooting is now under investigation by the Major Crimes Unit.
“The Royal Saint Lucia Police Force extends condolences to the family and loved ones of Joy St Omer during this difficult time,” the statement added.
The article Suspect surrenders to police following killing of Joy St Omer is from St. Lucia Times.