Chester Williams cyberbullying charge dismissed against alleged ‘Budnapper’ PC Barry Flowers

By Breaking Belize News Staff: A cyberbullying charge brought against police officer Barry Flowers-Mai, involving former Commissioner of Police Chester Williams, was dismissed in the Belize City Magistrate’s Court on Wednesday after Williams failed to appear for trial. Flowers is also one of the officers Joseph Budna alleges abducted him, though to date, no charges […] The post Chester Williams cyberbullying charge dismissed against alleged ‘Budnapper’ PC Barry Flowers appeared first on Belize News and Opinion on www.breakingbelizenews.com.

Chester Williams cyberbullying charge dismissed against alleged ‘Budnapper’ PC Barry Flowers

By Breaking Belize News Staff: A cyberbullying charge brought against police officer Barry Flowers-Mai, involving former Commissioner of Police Chester Williams, was dismissed in the Belize City Magistrate’s Court on Wednesday after Williams failed to appear for trial. Flowers is also one of the officers Joseph Budna alleges abducted him, though to date, no charges have been made against anyone in relation to that matter.

Flowers-Mai, an Orange Walk resident, appeared unrepresented before Magistrate Neeshad Mohammed in Court #7, where his trial was scheduled to begin at around 10:00 a.m.

However, the case could not proceed after Williams, the virtual complainant, did not appear. His name was reportedly called three times outside the courtroom, but there was no response.

The Police Prosecutor informed the court that Williams had been served and that an affidavit was available to confirm service. The prosecutor also said that he and his orderly made several calls to Williams but received no response. The prosecutor then left the matter to the court.

Before dismissing the charge, Magistrate Mohammed strongly criticized Williams’ absence, saying, “This is a disrespect to the court.”

The Magistrate noted that, as a former Commissioner of Police, Williams should understand the level of respect expected toward the court. He also said the court would not be used as a ground for any personal vendetta, adding that cyberbullying cases are serious matters.

Flowers-Mai was then told he no longer needed to return to court on the charge.

Flowers-Mai was first arraigned on April 4, 2025, on one count of using a computer system to publish computer data that was obscene or vulgar. The charge stemmed from social media comments allegedly made about Williams, including: “Thank God this asshole is gone,” and “Man Channel 7, don’t waste time with that bully. Go find new ComPol Dr. Rosado and interview a real man.”

Williams had reported to police that the comments were a clear attack on his character and reputation and were made to publicly ridicule and embarrass him.

This is the second cyberbullying-related case involving Williams that has been dismissed in the lower court. In another matter, Nichole Gilda McDonald, 38, was reportedly rearrested on May 13, 2026, on a similar charge dating back to June 2025, after an earlier dismissal.

Following today’s dismissal, Flowers-Mai told reporters that he is considering further action against Williams. He also echoed the court’s concern, saying the Magistrate was clear that the Cybercrime Act should not be used for personal vendettas.

The post Chester Williams cyberbullying charge dismissed against alleged ‘Budnapper’ PC Barry Flowers appeared first on Belize News and Opinion on www.breakingbelizenews.com.